View Single Post

Old 04-03-2016, 10:13 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,643 Times in 1,502 Posts

Nick:

Sounds like you already have a pretty good handle on what you need. I run similar guns (586-4 Brazil Contract and 625-8 PC) and the only additional mods to the guns are sights. On the 586 I am running an LPA rear sight and on the 625 a Bowen Rough Country. Both use fiber-optic front sights.

Blade Tech is definitely the way to go for holsters. I prefer the adjustable or fixed Stingray belt attachment as it allows you to "bridge" belt keepers (holster slot, keeper, holster slot) which allows both optimum holster positioning and keeping the holster tight against the body. The Tek Lok is nice for fast on & off, but may trap you behind or in front of a keeper in a less desirable holster position.

Carriers for clips or loaders may depend on whether you strong-hand or weak-hand load. A triple pouch is OK if you weak-hand load and all loading devices are carried on the weak-hand side of the body. If you strong-hand load you want two loading devices in front of your holster and one behind. For clips I use the stacked North Mountain holder in front and one of the simple metal clip with post type behind. For speed loaders, Comp III's work great - lots to grab and spring powered into the cylinder - fast and positive. As for holders, BobR1 here on the forum makes great Kydex wrap around holders.

Good luck with whatever equipment you choose.

Adios,

Pizza Bob