View Single Post

Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 AM

Liked 9,240 Times in 3,409 Posts

I shoot mostly pumps and SxS's.
The last SxS I owned w/a single trigger was as a (Savage)Fox BSE 16ga and that was in the 60's.

I repair lots of single triggers for fellow shooters on everything from Win21's, Parker, LCSmith, Ithaca, AH Fox,,ect. Even a couple Ruger Gold Labels of late.
Problems w/single triggers (selective single triggers) are probably the #1 mechanical problem complaint from SxS gun owners. Next is ejector problems of some sort.

Absolutely nothing wrong w/a DT SxS and this thing about 'learning to use them' is just so much bunk.
It's not a science or something you need a Community College course to be able to catch on to.
Like Drm50 says,,you do it w/o even thinking.

Shoot the doubles in skeet 'backwards' to take advantage of the chokes and you don't even have to switch triggers.

Some 'spensive SxS's have a 'hinged' front trigger. It allows the front trigger to pivot forward when the rear trigger is pulled.
Recoil from that second (rear) bbl shot can sometimes force the trigger finger forward into the back of the front trigger.
The hinged effect of the front trigger dampens the recoils effect on your finger.
It's actually found more on double rifles than shotguns where heavy recoil can be quite a bruiser.
But it's a nice option on SxS's too if the loads are hefty, and/or the gun is extremely light weight and your trigger finger is taking a beating on that second shot.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: