View Single Post

Old 04-09-2016, 05:33 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,298 Times in 4,530 Posts

Not bad for a thread that just resurrected after four years. Just as relevant as ever, though. Here is my 66 no dash that I was issued in the 1970s, and carried when I was assigned to plainclothes duties.

and here is the holster that I usually carried it in. I was able to buy both this 2 1/2 " and my issue 4" 66 no dash for what Glock was offering for trade in when my department went to semi autos in the 1990s.

The only thing missing is that I always used a plain aluminum Tyler "T" grip, which I still have, but borrowed for another revolver. I can say that these make fine carry revolvers, having carried this one for many years. Accuracy is great, and it disappears in a pancake style holster like this one from Bianchi. I have a lot of handguns, but this and my 4" 66 are ones that I will never part with, partly because of sentimental reasons, but partly because they are excellent firearms.

I still have the Glock that I was issued as well, it was presented to me when I retired. It's not very photogenic, though, so I won't post it here.

Last edited by les.b; 04-09-2016 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Add a thought
The Following 4 Users Like Post: