View Single Post

Old 04-10-2016, 09:48 PM

Liked 18,475 Times in 7,311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPes View Post
I did. I was honest about it and posted.

C'mon dude. That isn't surprising is it? Taurus enthusiasts on their own forum wouldn't be a bit biased towards Taurus. There's no way. It doesn't happen here with S&W firearms so it can't happen there.

All I'm saying is use some whit of critical thinking when determining credibility via negative affirmation.

The Taurus forum are some of the nicest folks. I like lurking their board, and participating here and there.

Then go buy one dude. Life is too short. Go into it knowing your chance of buying one with flaws that made it past QC are higher than with other manufacturers. Lifetime warranty = send it back.

I had a bent trigger bar on my used Taurus PT92. I had to send it back to Taurus on my dime. It came back in a total of 11 days which included weekends and a federal holiday. Not only did they replace the bent trigger bar, they replaced all the wear items (springs, etc). I even got a new set of standard Taurus plastic grips and new grip screws.

A friend + a coworker had similar experiences. One had a stainless PT92 that shot low left in everyone's hands. The other had a defective magazine catch. Both were covered under Taurus lifetime warranty. Turn around time was less than two weeks. I can't detract from Taurus' current customer and repair services.

Don't forget re-strike capability.

I honestly hope you get a problem free example of a 709. I wish I had.
Sorry, I didn't see your post before.

So I'll revise my original statement.

JaPes is the only one I can recall posting around here who has had problems with one.

Even looking in the Taurus Forums - WHERE PEOPLE GO TO POST THEIR PROBLEMS WITH TAURUS GUNS - the 709 is one of the models that I haven't seen a lot of people reporting issues with. You see a lot more people reporting issues with the TCP, and PT series guns, but not so much with the 709.

So it would appear to be one of their best models.

FWIW, I have a TCP and a PT111 and have had zero issues with either of them.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: