View Single Post

Old 04-11-2016, 04:00 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Oh, I don't really want or need anything too fancy. Back in my ill spent youth, I read and looked at the pictures on every American Rifleman. And the one rifle I just loved to see was the old Winchesters. I think they called them Model 70s. And in those prehistoric days, the most loved scope was the BalVar 8. So one day 12 or so years ago I spotted one at the booth next to us at a gunshow. It was old then. You young guys demand "pre 64". I don't need anything that new, mine was pre-war! And along the same lines, I found another without a scope with serial #202. My best guess is either or both will outlast me and still be running long after I'm dead and gone. Yes, I like the .30-06 If only because I've got a basement full of ammo for it, plus enough reloading junk to make another basement full! Anybody here ever worn one out? Can that even be done?

So as I started reading this thread, about post 15 up pops one of my favorite old posters, Feralmerrill. Wow, I thought Lee had relented and allowed that good old guy back in. Then I saw it was from 4 full years ago. Darn. That old guy explored the desert and had photos from all kinds of old mines in Utah. I sure miss him.