View Single Post

Old 04-12-2016, 05:40 PM

Liked 91 Times in 48 Posts
Default Very useful thread

I also use a Black & Decker Workmate for my bench. I found a 24"x36"x1.5" piece of wood at a lumber yard for about $20 a long time ago and bolted it to the bench. It provides extra weight to the bench, but if the uplift when priming is too great, I put my right foot on the front right leg of the press to hold it down. I reload while sitting down and the bench height without the lower legs extended is just right.

I use golf ball boxes when putting the cases through the various stages of my single-stage press. I find the lower sides reduce shoulder fatigue. They hold 200+ cases of .45 or .38. When they get dirty, I just throw them away.

I use hotel writing pads to keep notes and to place the finished loading specs into my re-usable boxes of ammo. I can fit all of the pertinent info into 1/4 of each sheet.

I also use an extra piece of carpet from our house under the reloading bench. Mine is a solid buff color which is prone to staining with Hoppes #9, but finding dropped items is easy. It is also very soft on the feet.

I put a plastic straw over the center threaded post in my vibrating tumbler. It softens the contact between my brass and the metal post and also minimizes that metal to metal sound.

I recycled a pair of Harmon Kardon speakers from an old desktop computer for my reloading area. The sound is pretty good when attached to my phone playlist.

I'm still trying to find a good use for those nice plastic boxes from Berry's Bullets.