View Single Post

Old 04-12-2016, 09:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

David:

I have to admit that my collection of Webley's is limited to the two you see here, but as I said in post #4 above, an earlier Webley MK IV was one of my first handguns when I was very young. Seeing the posts of you and Texas Star, M1A, Cyrano and others has awakened my interest. I think that I will get that book that you mentioned, and read up a little on these most interesting British firearms. When I was a kid, I read all of the Sherlock Holmes stories, and was always fascinated by the Victorian era, Scotland Yard, and so forth. As an adult I traveled to (among many countries) England, where I obtained a graduate degree at Leicester University. One of my classmates was a senior officer at the London Metropolitan Police ... Scotland Yard, and I have had the great opportunity to vist there and dine in Peeler's Lounge, and tour the Black Museum. I am still very much interested in English history, and these firearms evoke images of past British glory. Thanks again for starting this thread... I hope that it stays alive for awhile, and others share some of their Enfields and Webley's with us.

Regards...Les

Last edited by les.b; 04-12-2016 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
The Following 2 Users Like Post: