View Single Post

Old 04-26-2016, 08:36 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James&theGiant1911 View Post
Those Swiss police pieces once imported and sold through the appropriate dealers went like hot cakes. You very rarely if ever see them pop back up on auction sites and when you do they bring 80 percent of the new prices.

Those Sigs sold as police used trade ins in the 500 dollar range. I wish I would have found them sooner as I think most of the dealer employees picked up the premium models for friends and family while we all had the shield stamped Swiss models selling for the same 499--- price tag.

the beaters went for less than that. We do not get as many imported firearms from places like Robertsons and such any longer. Wonder why?
There are still lots of surplus guns being imported into the country by secondary importers. PW Arms, Mach 1, CDI sales, CAI etc....

BHPs are still coming in in strong numbers. There was a nice run of Beretta 92S last year. There is an ebb and flow to it. The Swiss Sigs P228s were a great deal back in the day. I picked this one up back when they were everywhere.

I picked another one up this year. It was appears to be unfired since it left the factory. It definitely has not seen a holster. When you account for inflation and factor in condition I did not pay too much more then back when they were plentiful. Sometimes you just have to know where to look.

PS my HK P7 is the most under shot overrated gun in the safe. If they were still be made I would sell it in a heartbeat. The only thing that keeps it around is that they are getting harder and harder to get and the price keeps going up. Its a great neat pistol but just not for me.

Last edited by WVSig; 04-26-2016 at 08:43 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: