View Single Post

Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 AM

Liked 418 Times in 155 Posts

I agree the .357 Sig is a wonderful round for self defense and LEO's, my agency has 16 years and counting of excellent street results with it in the Gold Dot 125gr's. Best thing? You get 9mm +P+ performance (akin to the old Illinois 9BPLE 115 gr JHP load) without the +P+ pressure slamming your pistol into an early grave.

Yeah, it makes the gun a bit heavy and gives off a bit more blast, but the troll trying to murder you is also getting it on the other end. Besides, whoever said carrying a 1911A1 loaded with 8 rounds of 185 gr to 230 gr JHP's was exactly light, either? Reverse engineer your carry needs; I think first of what I would want on my hip if my life was about to end at the hands of some idiot like James Holmes or Seung-Hui Cho, realizing that relative weight, recoil and blast are not as important as putting that threat away *now*...what do I think would be critical for me to have in my hands in those fleeting few moments?

It makes carrying a P229 or P226 in .357 Sig seem extremely reasonable and an effort worth putting out for.

Just one old Irishman's take....

Last edited by TexasRaider; 04-27-2016 at 10:08 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: