View Single Post

Old 05-06-2016, 12:20 AM

Liked 779 Times in 311 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitwabit View Post

There has to be other reasons why people go on to street drugs after being prescribe legal pain medication for a legitimate reason !!
I'm told that if you've ever tried heroin, you'd KNOW why they do it. Doctor cuts them off after figuring out they're taking 30 days worth of pain meds in a week and they have to do something when their drug-seeking solution at the ER stops working. Logical next step. Drug seekers at the ER are not only a PITA the minute they walk in the door but incredibly obnoxious and angry when they get booted out of the bed. Desperate even.

Quote:
The heroin problem is a bad one. Like another poster said, it affects people from all walks of life. In fact, the only reason we are dealing with it where I live is because it has found its way into white middle and upper-middle class neighborhoods. It isn't a new problem, just new to us. Some people where I live like to blame the problem on Cincinnati, which is ironic considering we are part of the Cincinnati Metro and our town is economically dependent on that fact. You even hear the odd call for a wall. We'd need two though; one between us and the river, and one between us and the rest of Kentucky where the addicts are coming from. Maybe a flaming moat would do it. My commute would get more interesting.
I understand there's quite a pipeline between Detroit and KY via I-75. When I first came on the job, or shortly thereafter, I think it was the Chambers Brothers running a lot of it, but mostly crack back then. Probably the same thing going on now, just with different names....
The Story of Detroit’s Chambers Brothers & The REAL ‘Crack Commandments’ – The Gangster Report

Last edited by RSanch111; 05-06-2016 at 12:30 AM.