View Single Post

Old 05-19-2016, 08:39 AM

Liked 1,845 Times in 837 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
Wife and I went to the Cabela's that was recently built here. I'm here to tell ya... they had tons of 22. CCI, Remington, Federal, Norma... on and on... everyone was just walking on by. And so did I.

So yes, demand isn't what it used to be and supply is following accordingly. Falling prices next.
I've seen the same thing at the Cabelas I'm close to (opened last year). Heck I've walked by .22 ammo and not just grabbed whatever they had; not like i'm stocked for decades of range fun, but i've found mini mags work best in my Buckmark so I dont even bother buying stuff that is only "ok". I dont need to buy ammo for the sake of buying it.
And only being in the shooting hobby for the past 3+ years, i only know current pricing and availability and dont have a historical perspective that many here do (seems to help actually). But I can say i only buy from retail, at what should be current normal retail... supporting a re-seller is not something I will do. So I am glad i can usually get what i need from Gander or Cabelas, both minutes away from my home.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: