View Single Post

Old 05-22-2016, 08:59 PM

Liked 27 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart64 View Post
you must be quite well off. I am retired and 1. don't own a lot of firearms and 2. have a limited ammo budget. If I am going to the indoor range I use for pistols, I take my .22 and my shield. I take all of my mags for both (4 for the ruger .22 and 6 for the shield. All go pre loaded , so , that is 40 for the .22 and 48 for the shield. Then I take 100 rounds for each pistol. I shoot every 2 weeks (or so)so that is about 500 rounds total. When I go to the rifle range, I take 150 rounds for any rifle I take. That is once a month when the weather is good here. I trade one of my indoor trips for that. While prepping for hunting season, I forego indoor and sharpen rifle work as much as I can.
I have 10 mags that i regularly use for the 15-22...all 10 of them go to the range loaded and ready so thats 250 rounds right there. I usually bring another 250 rounds for reloads but most of the time i only end up reloading about 3-4 mags after the original 10 are spent. This new range im going to, however, is very large and outdoors...offering multiple rifle ranges and an open pit for plinking. And i plan to be there for a majority of the day...5+ hours.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Tapatalk