View Single Post

Old 05-22-2016, 09:16 PM

Liked 561 Times in 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP3 View Post
"If a gun is used frequently at the range there's no need to clean it after every range trip."-dsk

Is this your opinion or have you found a pundit who confirms it? Let me know, and I'll inform them how bogus their sentiment is too.

Every cartridge that is fired leaves debris behind. Carbon, brass, copper, and/or lead are deposited with each shot. All of these create more friction. Friction causes wear. Wear shortens the useful life of any machine. How much is lubrication effectiveness reduced after prolonged use without cleaning? You will eventually find out.

It's your money boss. If neglecting your guns makes you feel like you're overcoming OCD then go for it.

Best Regards,
ADP3
You do realize that repeated disassembly and cleaning causes wear as well, right? Most of the nicks and scratches on my guns have come from taking them apart and trying to reassemble them. That's why you need to strike a balance with how often you clean your firearms.

And BTW that's the first time anyone has ever accused me of neglecting my guns. I've got some friends who would get a really good laugh out of that.