View Single Post

Old 05-23-2016, 08:50 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 3,853 Times in 1,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alk8944 View Post
I don't want to burst your bubble, but your gun is simply a 4" Model 14, it is not a Dayton Police Supply gun. The description in SCSW leaves a bit to be desired as it states the Dayton guns have a red front sight insert. Some may, but I haven't seen one, including mine which is one of the early ones in the K62352x range. The stocks on your gun are probably replacements as yours should have the PC square butt stocks with diamonds. Did you check the rt. stock for the SN? The SN range for the Dayton guns is reported as ranging from K623337 to K624496, so your SN is a bit too high. The Dayton barrel is taken from the Model 10 HB and is cut for a pinned in ramp sight. The wide rib is entirely smooth and glass beaded. The barrel is also larger diameter and with a wider rib than the Model 14 barrel. I will bet yours has a slight, grooved, channel on the top of the rib that matches the grooving of the rear sight leaf.

This isn't saying it isn't a nice revolver, no doubt in very good condition, and likely well worth what you paid for it. It just isn't a "Dayton".

Alk8944 - you should do some more research on the Dayton guns.
The 14-2s for Dayton Gun Hq were in the K623XXX & K624XXX range and then again in the K660XXX & 661XXX range. Total quantities are estimated to be 2,000.
There have been many threads here on the Forum with documented guns in the later number range
The Following 2 Users Like Post: