View Single Post

Old 06-04-2016, 12:51 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
"Sure, the .25 is not a .357 magnum, and it doesn't start with a "4", but in my police role, I have seen a big healthy young man dropped like a sack of feed with a .25."

For over 10 years, my CC pistol has been an Italian Galesi .25 auto from the early 1960s. As well made as any of the small .25s, prettier than most, and 100% reliable so long as it is loaded with CCI Blazer FMJ ammo. Not so much with other brands. That's fine with me, as FMJ bullets are the best choice for a .25 as penetration is deeper, and "expanding" .25 ACP bullets often don't. The Galesi is small, light, and concealable. I carry it in a sheath in my left front pants pocket and there is no clothing "print" at all - no more than car keys or a pocket knife. I often forget it is in my pocket. I always avoid going to areas where it is more likely to be needed (seedy bars, bad parts of town, etc.), and operate under the assumption that if I ever do need to use it, it will be up very close and I can get off several shots to critical body areas rapidly. Much better to have that .25 with me at all times than a M1911 which is not.
DWalt:

A little off topic, but here is my similar rig... Too late for the Roaring Twenties, but cool nevertheless. The pocket holster was made by "Alfonso's of Hollywood", better known for crafting a lot of the Western rigs worn in the movies. The little Baby Browing fits right into it, and the whole thing disappears in my pocket.

You are right: it's better to have a .25 in the pocket than a .45 home in the safe.

Best Regards, Les