Thread: Rimfire Rifles
View Single Post

Old 06-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Liked 4,960 Times in 1,303 Posts
Default "22 LR rifles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTON RICK View Post
The glaring missing piece (need) in my firearms collection are 22 LR rifles. I am looking at the Marlin 39A (yes, older one if I can find one), M&P 15-22, and the requisite Ruger 10/22. Anyone have any other favorites? Pictures and a reason for liking the gun would be most welcome. I am gathering information at this point, so I am not soliciting for offers to sell. I am not interested in any 22 chambering beyond 22 LR (ie, 22 magnum), but firing other 22 rounds in addition to 22 LR may be a plus. I would be curious to learn whether these rifles firing multiple types of 22 rounds make anyone's favorite list. Thank you in advance for your insightful and courteous replies! Wishing all here a safe and meaningful holiday weekend.
Rick:
You have picked the most diversified category of firearms offered to us collectors, to choose from. The prices can run from a few bucks, to as many thousands of bucks as you care to invest, and keep you busy for as long as you want. My meager collection ranges from a Remington 514 youth rifle on one end, to a Cooper 36 Classic on the other end. The one rifle that I regret neglecting to add to it, is a Mod. 62 Winchester pump rifle, to my Winchester rim fires. If my collection had any meaning to me, now, that would be one that I would add. Since I don't have a reason for adding too my collection now, I'm going to sit back, and watch you current collectors do your thing instead. Thanks for letting me share.
Chubbo
The Following 4 Users Like Post: