View Single Post

Old 06-19-2016, 12:53 PM

Liked 84 Times in 51 Posts

Perhaps. I looked at it, being partial to a wadcutter, yet felt the increased penetration of the .32 ACP +P flat hardcast tipped the scales. As always, to each their own. I'm sure the BB .32L 100gn WC is a fine cartridge.

In the .32L rnd I looked for the most penetration. And for me the flat hardcast 75gn .32ACP +P excels in that category. Where the 9mm parabellum is known for over-penetration the 32 L is known more for coming up short in penetration. Hence the moniker of mouse gun.

For quite some time the .380 ACP was bandied about as the bare minimum for personal protection. I prefer a wheelgun to a bottom feeder.

I'll not lay claim to the 32L being the least amount of gun. The 351C w/seven rnds can apply a nasty wound. Even then I have mine stoked w/WRF as I see little difference twixt it and the .22 Mag out of a snubnose.

So many choices in small handguns and ammunition, if that's your fancy, that if one doesn't work for anyone they've several other options available from whence to choose.

I carry what I am comfortable with and confident in. As Captain obvious I suggest everyone do the same.