View Single Post

Old 06-25-2016, 12:06 PM

Liked 301 Times in 210 Posts
Default Buffers and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve912 View Post
The theoretical buffer would have to reduce slide travel by more than the travel reduction created by the improper spring, correct--if the purpose of the theoretical buffer is to transfer the 'hard-stop' of the slide, back to where it should be on the frame.

Again, you'd further reduce rearward travel of the slide, increasing likelihood of ejection problems, and reducing energy for slide's feeding & chambering cycle.

Are you guys really sure the OEM RSA is that bad??
Yup, so far, there don't seem to be any issues with the OEM RSA, just the aftermarket ones.

I looked up those buffers on YouTube and they are simply Polyurethane pieces that are dropped in front of the area where the slide would hit the heavy section of the frame. The company that makes them doesn't list a version for the SD series. They seem to be somewhere between 1/16" to 1/8" thick and will reduce the slide travel by that amount.

Since I haven't seen nor tested one I will not comment but I looked at the videos and suggest anyone interested judge for themselves.

In any case I don't think that reducing slide travel is a good idea for the reasons given in the quoted section.

About the videos, 3hounds gives this search term for YouTube and it brings up several videos. "Strike Ind. shock buffer"

After seeing several videos I don't plan on trying a buffer.

Last edited by ou1954; 06-25-2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Add search term