View Single Post

Old 06-26-2016, 11:04 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,534 Times in 5,081 Posts

I picked up an M&P 340 to carry because of its weight, .357 capability, and ss cylinder. Color did not play a part in my decision, mostly because I got a smokin' deal on the gun.

I'm looking for a NY speed loader, and I was torn between a 640 Pro and the new Chattanooga Shooting Supplies' exclusive 442 PC.

I got a chance to handle the 442 PC Friday night, and I must admit it would make a dandy bug. My long trigger finger went around the clip grip without so much as a touch, but the clip didn't "do" what I wanted it to do for me. I'm not a fan of the exposed extractor rod, either.

I hauled around a 60-14 before getting the 340 so the extra half pound on my hip isn't a factor. I'll likely go with the 640 Pro, and the 340 will become my bug, if and when I feel the need.

Every J-frame offers trade-off combinations: caliber, weight, color, stocks, barrel length, sights, availability, and, yes, price. We each have to pick the combo that best suits us (and our needs).

And, right or wrong, testimonials -- both good and bad -- seem to influence each model's popularity.

Cheers,

Bob