View Single Post

Old 06-28-2016, 02:28 AM

Liked 51 Times in 25 Posts

This thread is old but in case anyone reads it in the future I'd like to add my own experiences. I own several Smith J frames, a lightweight model 38 alloy frame version of the 49, a model 36, a model 60 in .357 mag, a 340 M&P and a 340PD, with some duplicates here and there.

First let me say a lot of what any of these guns feels like when firing full power loads or +P loads if very subjective. If you have any desire to know what any of these guns feels like to fire with any particular round, you truly have to experience it for yourself.

One man's punishment is another man's insignificance.

For example, I've read how brutal firing .357 founds in the 340's can be, and while the recoil was stout, I did not have a problem with it and nor did I have a problem with fast follow up shots. It isn't gonna tickle, I can promise that about the recoil, but I didn't find it to be much of a problem.

One mistake people make with J frames, the wrong manner of gripping the gun. Search for Jerry Miculek's way of gripping J frames, it is a game changer, find out for yourself, it really is.

Hope this helps.