View Single Post

Old 07-05-2016, 08:52 AM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

It does look to be Indo-Persian. I don't think it's an elegant example of the sort. May be a spin-off of the Khyber knife style.

You 'd better ask Bernard Levine. I think he's on Knife Forums and still at the publication that was, Knife World. It has a new title, which I think may be, Knives. Check under, Knife World and see if there's an announcement.

Send him more photos, of the whole knife and include a ruler in some. What is the blade thickness? Weigh the knife and measure the handle. Saying that it's very heavy is a subjective description. From
what I saw, I doubt that it's very valuable. It may be too heavy and ill-balanced to be a real weapon, more a tourist item. It is not as elegant as others that I've seen in knife books. Some are quite ornate, with excellent workmanship.

It is not an Arab jambiya.

NOTE: Kwill posted while I was typing. I think he has it right. His example looks pretty good. Y our Indian friend is correct: it 's for killing people.

I enlarged your image and saw the handle detail better. It 's a nicer knife than I thought. The blade's an odd color. Any chance it's copper or bronze?

Last edited by Texas Star; 07-05-2016 at 09:22 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: