View Single Post

Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 PM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
Jessie, I know all the cool kids remove the mag safety on Hi Powers, but be aware that trigger return/reset will be compromised. The little mag safety spring also assists in trigger reset. Hi Power trigger return has always been soggy/sluggish,indistinct ,etc. in my opinion. Yes, the trigger pull will be slightly lighter and any roughness in trigger pull due to the mag safety shoe and/or magazine surface finish will be eliminated. I used to be one of the cool kids who removed the magazine disconnect, but ceased doing so many years ago. Yes, having said this I understand I will not be considered one of the cool kids anymore
BTW, the Wolff "Standard Power #15071" 2 coil spring is extra power in the MKIII and will return some of the lost trigger reset authority if the mag safety is removed.
It has nothing to do with being cool. It has everything to do with continuity of your manual of arms and eliminating unnecessary differences. Clearly your YMMV.

Pretty much every top BHP smith removes the mag disconnect. The FBI removed it when they ordered their SRTs from Novak. C&S trigger groups will not accommodate the part IIRC.

In the end remove it if you want if you don't like the reset you can always reinstall it.

Last edited by WVSig; 07-05-2016 at 07:57 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: