View Single Post

Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Liked 2,036 Times in 815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg View Post
"So you paused to put on your electronic hearing protection before picking up your (fill in the blank) to hunt my client down with a gun with a flashlight and a laser. You knew you were going to shoot him. You were worried about the noise, not about a threat. No more urgent than leisurely walking up to the firing line at your gun range. Putting on that equipment is evidence of premeditation. "

Want to have that used against you in your (civiil or criminal) trial for shooting the intruder?
That does not bother me at all, even if I was to clear my house. I suppose it would be more sporting to take a knife or a bat, and look around without a light. but I'm not precognizant, and I've already got tinnitus. I think I'll put my shooting glasses on as well to deflect pepper spray. I figure it's no worse than putting in your hearing aids and glasses on. I guess I could turn on all the lights instead of using the flashlight, but I've never heard that was a good idea. My BE linemate has armor/trauma plate, lighted ar-15, shooting glasses, and a mag sling for his serious bumps in the night. He has wife and kids. I'll have to ask him about the hearing protection. Ultimately, I'm not going hunting in my house at all. I'm staying behind solid locked doors and letting the police sort things out.