View Single Post

Old 07-14-2016, 07:57 AM

Liked 2,047 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbm6893 View Post
I'm thinking of moving my ammo stash to my garage. It's just taking up too much room in the house. My garage is attached to the house. I just put a thermometer/ humidity reader in there last week the temp has never gone above 79, with a low of 72, and the humidity has been between 59 and 72. It's I would imagine it's gonna go a bit higher in August. In the winter, it's never lower than about 60 degrees in there.

So I'm thinking a plastic storage bin user my workbench. I can throw one of those plug in rechargeable dehumidifiers in there. The ammo will be in GI .30 cal and .50 cal ammo cans. I also reload in thst garage. The powder and primers are kept in a locked metal storage cabinet under my reloading bench. I have a couple of dehumidifiers in there, as well.

So what say you?
Temp and humidity ranges seem fine I would put desiccant bags in each ammo can for additional humidity protection and skip the plug ins.

Also you need get your powder and primers out if that locked metal box. You need to put it in something like a powder magazine that can breathe and that if it catches on fire cannot build up pressure and explode like bomb.