View Single Post

Old 07-15-2016, 02:13 PM

Liked 42 Times in 28 Posts

Thanks for all the replies.

Just placed an order for a M&P9 Full Size with crimson trace green (at an amazing price) to accompany the Shield. The Shield is currently with SW to look over the trigger (very heavy trigger pull) and check sight alignment while it's there.

With the Shield away, I realized it's far better to have 2 firearm than 1. Going to put a green crimson trace on the Shield when it gets back to me.

I ran drills at the range mimicking a self defense encounter and missed the target completely. Those who can draw and instantly put rounds on target are not the norm and are in the realm of professionals (Seals, Delta, SWAT, competitive shooters, or just extreme training).

I can do 4-5" clusters all day long at the range but don't think I can draw, find and focus on the front sight while taking focus off the target. I'm just being realistic with myself and my ability...in a real SD situation, I'm most likely going to just draw, point and shoot (don't think I'll have the discipline to find the front sight and take my eyes off the target). That's why I must have a crimson laser on my firearms...if I don't see/find that incredibly bright green laser, it means my sights are off target.