View Single Post

Old 07-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Liked 6,737 Times in 2,584 Posts

The last few years have not been kind to the waistline, I need to lose 50#. Diet is a challenge, I need to reduce the red meat and do more lean meat. Getting tired of chicken and turkey, don't like fish. Supposedly grass fed beef is ok, it counts as lean protein.

Need to eat more green vegetables, minimize the refined carbs like bread and pasta. Also cut back on the potatoes.

Sugar is the biggie to avoid. I need to eliminate candy and pop. Also alcohol. Refined carbs is really just sugar.

Avoid anything labeled low fat or fat free. To compensate for the lost fat, it is loaded up with sugar. That is worse. Fat is not the enemy anyway, it is a dietary necessity. The trick is to make sure it is the right fat. Butter instead of margarine, olive oil or other nut oils rather than corn oil, etc.

Excercise is lifting weights and bicycling. I'm getting older, the energy and motivation isn't there anymore, so my workouts don't feel very productive sometimes. The great thing about bicycling is I can do it pain free even if injured from running.

Last edited by johngalt; 07-15-2016 at 02:53 PM.
The Following 6 Users Like Post: