View Single Post

Old 07-15-2016, 08:56 PM

Liked 81,670 Times in 18,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwselke View Post
I'm taking another light day myself, but I did walk to Kroger for a loaf of bread, a round-trip walk of 2.3 miles. I find that 2 days of rest every 10 to 15 days is better than one day off per week. It takes my body more time to recover as I get older. I keep track of my mile splits times. Normally my walking workout pace is 17 to 18 minutes per mile. When my pace starts slowing to 18 1/2 minutes per mile it's generally time to rest for a day or two. My aches and pains also give me hints when it's time to rest up.
I track our time to the top of the first ridge and that tells me when we're pushing it a bit too hard.
Also, I have arthritis in both of my knees. They also let me know when I'm pushing it a bit too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triathloncoach View Post
Absolutely. My wife and I have two teenagers and 3 dogs. We both feel lucky that we can kinda-sorta keep up with them. No civilian "needs" to be able to run a marathon or lift hundreds of pounds to be physically functional. But it's not ideal if lack of fitness limits your ability to enjoy an active lifestyle. And everyone has the choice to improve.
"Everyone has the choice to improve."
Exactly, I agree. I used to be a member of a multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN, my condition) forum. People didn't want to hear what can be done to help. There was way too much, "oh woe is me" and "poor baby."
I left.

Last edited by snubbyfan; 07-15-2016 at 08:57 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: