View Single Post

Old 07-16-2016, 07:26 PM

Liked 90 Times in 53 Posts

Got a set of electronic muffs that let you hear normal noises bedside. Yes, agree with the comments to only put them on if there is time.

From 2nd hunting season on, always wore hearing protection at the range but never hunting. Shotguns were the worst hunting and my ears would hurt but pain eventually went away. I played around with plugs or Walker's Game ears but they all were awkward and uncomfortable to use. Finally, in my 40's, after a couple of shots with a 3" magnum turkey hunting, it never went away and I have permanent tinnitus (ringing).

Too late, I finally did what I should have done 20 years before that. I had an audiologist make a mold of my ear and have a set of hearing protectors made. These are like hearing aids but not vented and cuts loud sound off electronically. $? Yes, they cost about half as much as getting hearing aids. But being molded to my ears they are comfortable. I wear them all day every day hunting for over 20 years now.

So wanting to keep what hearing I have left, I will don the hearing muffs if there is time.

Last edited by Ron AZ; 07-16-2016 at 07:28 PM.