View Single Post

Old 07-22-2016, 06:35 PM

Liked 9,471 Times in 4,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocents View Post
don't know if what I read is true but one quote from a Mass. gun store owner said that on average that 20% of sales for most shop owners are attributed to AR rifles and the like.....now if this plays out to include semi auto handguns and shotguns and accessories for the same.....how can they stay in business?......answer is that "Big Bobs Gun and Tackle" down the street won't.
If this holds up, many of our shops won't survive. Some say that was her principle target with this surprise decree all along since she did not say she is going after us "Felons in Waiting" who have the suddenly illegal guns in our possession... at least not yet.

Remember that she has far more clout and enforcement influence over dealers than she does Mr. or Mrs. Joe Public. Kill off the in-state dealers... and scare the Hell out of the foreign dealers... and what can Joe Public living in MA do? Not much.

Some MA dealers are a lot more affected by the loss of semi-auto rifle sales than others. Off the top of my head, I'd say roughly a third of dealers are highly dependent on semi-auto rifle sales. They will likely not survive if this holds unless they can get into components, parts and repairs in a very big way. That would probably be pretty tough.

The dealers who are mainly into handguns and traditional hunting rifles, or who are otherwise heavily diversified, will be hurt but will likely stay afloat. The biggest of the big will survive. It's the small guys who will get crushed.
The Following User Likes This Post: