View Single Post

Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Has anyone else had a problem with Smith & Wesson warranty???

I purchased a S&W model 457 in 2005. The frame had been damaged from shooting factory rounds, so much so they replaced the frame in 2005 and again in 2006 for the same reasons. Well I sent it back again after it had huge dents in the frame from the barrel contacting it, after only 100 rounds. S&W sent it back saying the gun was totally fine. I called and asked why they would send it back with no repairs and they told me they would not have done that.The damage was very visible if they just disassembled it the last time I sent it in. so again I send it back with pictures of the damaged part. gunsmith there says the gun is so damaged it is unsafe to shoot. They do not make this model anymore so they offer me a replacement gun. Msrp on my original 45cal pistol was $689. S&W offer me a M&P shield 9mm as a replacement. Msrp on 9mm shield is $469. They will not budge on giving me a gun that is even comparable or even match dollar for dollar to my original firearm. I was told if i want to get a gun that is comparable that they would get back to me in 3 days (its been 4) with what I would owe them. Does this seem right to anyone else? Do any S&W gun owners know this policy about their S&W firearms warranty?