Thread: Rimfire Rifles
View Single Post

Old 07-24-2016, 04:10 PM

Liked 341 Times in 204 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiser View Post
Well... here goes...

If ya'll look back... there is nobody with the group of modern .22LR's like that Chattanooga Phil. That boy has the greatest I've ever seen. He's got the biggest gun-budget that I can imagine.

As far as the rest of ya... it's embarassin' for me to post pics of my few, piddly .22's. Wow... this thread has been a real pleasure to read... really, really nice firearms... I applaud all of you for sharing.

But... here's mine... four out of six, insurance pics. The two that I don't have here... a Rem 541S... my horse-ridin' rabbit gun. And an Remington Nylon 66 (Apache Brown)... my Dad's final squirrel rifle.

Here are the other's...

My first 10/22... I keep it simple with iron sights... a great plinker... always carry it on my tractor with me...

My squirrel gun. A Rem 541T... with Leupold 14X fixed scope. We hunt squirrel's for meat... off of horseback... and have a friendly competition while doin' it. The winner is the one with the most through-the-eye shots. (I have won that competition two out of the past six seasons.) There are usually ten or more of us... and we cover a lot of territory in a morning (we generally hunt on 300 acre tracks, or better, with permission). FYI... the morning-after ('cause we got to clean 'em in the afternoon)... the breakfast-meals cooked-up by the wimmen... are out of this world. Fried squirrel, fresh sliced tomatoes, squirrel gravy, big cat-head bisquits, fried potatos...

A Volquartsen Custom .22LR... blackened stainless... McMillan thumbhole stock. It now sports an Aimpoint 2MOA T-1...

I bought this 10/22 takedown as a truck bug-out. Keep handgun, knife and ammo with me at all times. (This insurance pic taken the day I got it... still has the tags on it...)

Man needs plenty of ammo... and since I shoot a lot of .22LR... here is my preferred brand... CCI Mini-mags. Just a few rounds that I keep stored...

You know... I have been asked... "Why would you disclose that ammo and guns?"

It's because I am no longer scared of confiscation. If my ammo is confiscated... that means I will be gone, beforehand.
HR
May I ask where do you get that ammo? I could use a box Thanks