View Single Post

Old 07-24-2016, 05:42 PM

Liked 714 Times in 261 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcguitar1 View Post
Hi I'm new here. I thought of getting my new 60LS polished. someone told me it was not a good idea because if in danger the shine will identifiy my location...does that make sense. And how did you find out that S&W will do that? thanks
I suppose there is always the danger that they will see you from space and target you with a drone.

I'm sure that there are people who are driven by tactical considerations (I hear the term "tactards" used here and there) that would consider this a very real thing. I take the point of view that concealed carry doesn't imply lying in ambush for an assailant. Concealed is just that...concealed...inside your waist band, under your clothing, inside your purse...concealed until a dire situation causes you to reveal it. If you're not going to carry, are you worried about hiding in your house in a home defense situation? I think that's backwards. I'd like to think that in home defense if you are armed and prepared to defend yourself then they should be worried about you.

Your Model 60 LS is a beautiful gun. Clean it. Polish it. Show it some love, and be very proud of it.