View Single Post

Old 07-25-2016, 09:56 PM

Liked 26 Times in 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankerSpec View Post
About a month ago, my 7 round mag spring failed. It bent where the coils reduce in size and collapsed in the mag. I only noticed because I couldn't load the 7th round in the mag. At the time I had read that it was a somewhat common problem, so I contacted S&W Customer Service. They said they would send me a new spring, no questions asked, for free. I received the new spring in the mail yesterday, and it does not look like the old spring. For one thing, the termination of the coils on both ends have been bent in at 90 degrees, so neither end will sit properly on the follower. Another difference is the replacement spring is the same width from end to end. It also appears to be a different material than the original ones. Did S&W change the spring design recently, maybe to address the bending issue? Or did I receive the wrong spring for my Shield 9? The packaging it came in says "Mag Spring Shield Rev B". Thanks in advance.
Snap a pic of the bottom of your follower. Does it have a place for the hook part the spring to engage into?