Thread: My Baby AR
View Single Post

Old 07-28-2016, 08:57 PM

Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
Default My Baby AR

Hi Girls and Guys. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been a lurker for almost a year. I bought my first gun last year which was an M&P9 Pro. This past weekend I bought my 4th gun, the M&P15-22 SPORT which happens to be my first 22. I call it my Baby AR. I immediately installed an inexpensive TruGlo red dot optic that I found at a different LGS.

The first 2-1/2 to 3 mags were full of FTE/stovepipes - every 1 to 5 rounds. I shot both Remington Golden Bullet and Winchester Super-X. The Winchester ammo was given to me by a kind, fellow shooter that I had just met because he saw I was struggling. Both types of ammo gave me issues. But after the first few mags it has been much better. It's still not as reliable as I'd like it to be, but this is my first 22 so I'm still learning the 22 plinker life. Now I have 5 or less FTEs per magazine. Sometimes I have none. It's really random. I'm hoping the issues work themselves out so I don't have to send it to S&W.

My question is about the charging handle. I would like to get an aluminum handle for the looks and simply because I don't like the feel of the stock, polymer handle. Would you recommend the MST or Tacticool 22 charging handle? The MST will end up being significantly more expensive.

BTW - don't hate me because of my username! LOL The S&W M&P9 Pro was my first gun, as I stated above, but I joined a Glock forum first (G43 was my second gun) and that was the first username to come to mind.

Baby AR

First target after quickly sighting in my red dot. Remember, I'm a new shooter (less than 1 year and even newer to rifles) plus I shake like a tree on a windy day. LOL
The Following 7 Users Like Post: