View Single Post

Old 07-29-2016, 06:35 PM
US Veteran

Liked 18,472 Times in 5,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsferrazza View Post
I actually saw thr first link the other day, but haven't seen the second one. I would be getting the non-lock model if I got the 340. Do you think the bullet issue could be something to turn someone away from the M&P340?
In your question about "the bullet issue," if you mean .38 vs .357, probably. That and the price.

If there were a poll about J-frames in general and the alloy J-frames specifically I get the sense a big majority of respondents on this forum would opt out of ever using .357s in them.

I keep my goal in mind: best results if I get into a bad situation, which for me would be an aggressive bear that thinks I'm trespassing, or worse yet, lunch. So I'll do what I need to do -- practice, practice, practice -- in hopes the outcome will be in my favor if I ever get into that situation. The magnum's bite isn't nearly as bad as the damage those big claws and jaws might inflict.

I sold my 629 because I grew really tired of the weight, and when I go to town I put the moon clip with Speer GDSB 135gr .38+P in my 640 Pro.

The best any of us can do in advance of a purchase is read all the opinions we can find. Then consider them all and not just look at the ones that fit our preconception of what we think we want. I'm ever awed by the great, collective wisdom on this forum based on hundreds (thousands?) of years of experience. Makes sense to seek it out, as you have done.

There is no perfect-for-everybody gun. Picking a working gun is very personal. There's no universal consensus, there is no wrong answer, but there are lots of stories of guns bought that end up being sold because they didn't do what the buyer wanted.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: