View Single Post

Old 07-29-2016, 11:42 PM

Liked 17,404 Times in 6,689 Posts

There are those that think that Hd.4949 and/or Tarr's bill will do away with the AG's authority to make "consumer safety" rules with regard to firearms. I'm not so sure, but it would be a nice touch.

As I said, the legislators and the Governor are not pleased with the AG's actions. Her timing was horrible.

I would also like to commend the participants in this thread for keeping political/election comments out of it. The admin and mods have been very forebearing in allowing a thread that sits right on the ragged edge of what's acceptable.

I think that by sometime Sunday, we'll have a resolution to this. One that we will be satisfied, if not happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTSH View Post
It really has gone totally insane here, hasn't it?

On the plus side (if there is one?), Bass Pro and Cabela's probably have the most to lose and the least to gain (financially speaking) by not playing it 1,000% safe with our nutty AG lady. They really are two relative newcomer companies (within MA) that are petrified silly about doing firearm sales in Massachusetts. Those guns and parts are a very small part of their outdoor sporting lifestyle business... so like one person stated it: Why would they risk a giant multi-million dollar business being shut down even for one day over a few semi-auto rifles that they don't particularly care about anyway?

Now, if it was fishing rods, that would be a different story!