Thread: My Baby AR
View Single Post

Old 07-31-2016, 05:00 PM

Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
It is quite alarming the number of ejection issues with the latest 15-22 sport model, but the numerous thread regarding fixes should help you out. Failing that i have heard very positive things about the VQ extractor...(i am waiting for mine to arrive). I have the old original one and the only problems i have are obviously ammo related. Find an ammo that cycles reliably and stick with it. Although any 22lr ammo is still subject to the odd bad primer.

Just a word on the change of extractor....if you do it, do it in an empty room (or pillow case or anything that will catch the spring and plunger...mess it up an that thing with launch into infinity and beyond). Regarding cleaning the only thing that need oil/lube are the bolt rails...sure you can oil the bolt spring but it does not really need it, as long as the chamber face, the feed ramp and the bolt face and firing pin recess area are clean of debris then failures should be minimal.

There are a ton of add-ons and go faster bits that can enhance your appreciation of the rifle. I would swap the charging handle purely for the feel, i would add a BAD lever for ease of use and would also recommend a new drop in trigger. Of course i speak from this side of the pond where centre-fire semi auto AR's are a no go, so you may not want to 'waste' cash on your baby AR...but these things added to my rifle and i enjoy shooting with it a lot more.

Welcome to your new addiction....loved the target pics, nice shooting for a rifle newbie!
Thanks for the info. I will be sure to keep that spring under wraps if I change the extractor! You know have me looking at the BAD lever or the one from Phase 5. Which trigger do you use?

I do have a .223/5.56 AR, but I think the M&P15-22 will get much more use because of the much less expensive ammo. But the 25 round magazines empty fast! LOL

Thanks for the kind words as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor127 View Post
Ahhhh yes the original question

Now that you have been pointed in the right direction for your

FTE issues.......and as RedNeck says do try one thing at a time

Alloy charging handles......Tacticool sell the 'Next level'

charging handle, looking like tacticool have had their logo

printed on to it.....the early ones had problems

S&W M&P 15-22 Ambi Charging Handle

Now the MST handle i have 2 of the original 50 made by

KingMST,and in my opinion cannot be beaten for quality and fit

[NEW IN] MST15-22 Charging Handle for S&W 15-22 Rifles

keith
Thanks for the link. I will read about the Tacticool 22 charging handle.

I found one MST. Are the first 50 a different design or anything like that?