View Single Post

Old 08-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Liked 528 Times in 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Boy View Post
I was just wondering what to do if ever faced with this scenario: I'm in the local convenience store, buying a candy bar, and in walks a dude in a hoodie & points a gun at the cashier, demanding money. As a CCH holder, what do I do? Is this already considered a deadly situation, with the cashier at gun point? Do I draw my pistol and shout " drop the gun, I will shoot you". I know that there are probably different circumstances that could determine how I react. For example, if there are bystanders in the line of fire. That would certainly change things.

I know there's no way of knowing what's going on in the robbers head. What if he's bluffing, and just wants to take the money & run. What if he's going to shoot the cashier, regardless. What if draw my pistol, shout a warning, and the robber shoots the cashier anyway? I know there's LEOs on this forum. As a CCH holder, what should I, or shouldn't I do? I want to do whats right, not do something that would make a bad situation worse! Any advice is much appreciated.
I think it depends on the State your in. If i have a clear shot
i would take the shot to take him out because he might kill the clerk then turn around and kill any witnesses. I would rather
act while I have the advantage, rather than to outdraw him once he dispatched the clerk and turned on witnesses.
Armed robbery in Texas is a serious crime and justifies the
use of deadly force to stop the felony in process.
The Following User Likes This Post: