View Single Post

Old 08-05-2016, 03:21 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts
Default Apple to "Ban" the revolver "emoji" ?????

Apparently no detail of American life is too small for the anti-gun zealots to focus on. I have an Apple iPad and an iPhone both, and frankly, although I am vaguely aware of what "emojis" are:, I rarely use them. Today after reading this article, I took a look at the iPad I'm typing this on, and found that it has, buried among a thousand others, a crude representation of a "gasp", revolver!!!������!!! I tried to put it in, don't know if it will show up.
I've had this iPad for years, and didn't even know it was there. But this was too much for several groups, and they have apparently successfully lobbied Apple to replace this deadly icon with a squirt gun.

Apple to Replace Revolver Emoji with Squirt Gun - GunsAmerica Digest

I view this as symptomatic of a larger war on our way of life, and although this may be a ridiculous example, where does it end? Also today, I read that the NYC pension fund has decided to divest themselves of their Cabela's stock, because Cabela's "sells guns".

Shawn McCoy: Blocking Cabela's investment is no way to protest guns | Dallas Morning News

I hope that I've put this in the right sub-forum, and tried not to violate any rules, but thought some of you might be interested in some of the details of the war on our way of life.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 08-05-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Add material
The Following 7 Users Like Post: