View Single Post

Old 08-06-2016, 11:12 PM

Liked 33 Times in 29 Posts
Default Need help with a stove piping 4006

Abit of a long story, this gun has had its extractor replaced, the recoil spring replaced and its function to my knowledge fully checked over.

and its still stove piping, I switched from a wolf 17 pound recoil spring, the weight that they say is the factory standard to a 16, as it was stove piping from shooting two handed with a solid grip with the 17, and the hogue rubber grips on it that really fill the hand,

while one handed it functioned fine, like is the grip too good and thus making the gun stove pipe?

and its still doing it now too with the 16, and thus my question is, do I need a lighter recoil spring, like a 15 or a 13, or heavier than 17 even

and its an early model 4006 at that, like one of the first ones that came out, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

and thus at this point I'm kind of at my wits end, do I keep fiddling with it and hoping either a 15 or a 13 pound recoil spring for a standard model 4006 will fix it or is there something else wrong with its functioning that I'm not aware of

or some other known problem with this series of pistol.

or is it just that the hogue rubber grip is too damn good at its job and is causing the gun to jam, as I have big bear heavy hands that fit a model 29 perfectly with pachmayer grips.

Last edited by Kavinsky; 08-06-2016 at 11:21 PM.