View Single Post

Old 08-07-2016, 07:49 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack the toad View Post
Cool thread with some enjoyable pics. Brings back some memories from the good old days.
As for Comblock/Chicom stuff other than some AK kit builds, I currently only have one Mosin-Nagant (hex receiver from the 30's IIRC), one Viet Nam era SKS (milled chinese) and one dewat SG43 with wheeled mount. (I don't recall if Romanian or Polish)
Like a lot of folks from the 80's thru early 90's when everyone had beaucoup of the stuff cheap, I never got into the handguns as much as rifles, etc. but did have a few Toks and Maks. Until a few years ago, I had several of the demilled DSHK kits but when the price got crazy, I decided to liquidate. Wish I had some more.
ETA:
Sorry, no pics.
Jack:

I know...it was crazy back then, the one thing I wish I had done more of was buy crates of ammo. Sealed in those spam cans, inside those cool wooden crates, it would last for a hundred years. I remember the motto back then was : "Buy 'em cheap, and stack 'em deep!!". Well, I did to a certain extent, but in retrospect, not as deep as I ought to have.

Best Regards, Les