View Single Post

Old 08-08-2016, 07:22 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacker View Post
Ok, I said I would find some pictures to post

I have an affection for the 9x18 round, as many others do in this thread. Like has been noted, there is a tremendous amount of history tied to these little pistols! Also noted, these are great bargains, when you consider the quality of the gun vs the cost to obtain (at least, a couple years back).

Here are my P64, PA 63, CZ 82, and East German Makarov. There is no rust on any, the red is something the camera put in. I have since replaced the left grip on the PA 63 with a "correct" style, made by Tillander- it perfectly matches the right grip.

Since we're able to go beyond just military, here's a commercial Baikal double stack I found at a pawn shop for under $200. It needed a firing pin, which was as easy to replace as a grip screw (gotta love the Russian emphasis on workability)
scoobysnacker:

Thanks for posting your cool ComBlock guns here. I too have several of the 9x18 Makarov caliber handguns, and they were among the first that I was able to obtain. I think it was back in the 80s, and I found a Chinese Mak. The only ammo that I could find at that time was Chinese military surplus, which came in little cardboard boxes with 16 rounds? I can't remember now, but I think so, and they were all separated by dividers and a real pain to get out of the box. Berdan primed of course, so no reloading.

We've come a long way since then, and the ammo is pretty much mainstream now, Americans are making it, lots of good imported, reloads LE ammo available.

Thanks for posting, keep checking back.

Best Regards, Les

Last edited by les.b; 08-08-2016 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Correct auto spell