View Single Post

Old 08-08-2016, 07:39 PM
US Veteran

Liked 22,296 Times in 4,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacker View Post
Les, if you appreciate the CZ 75 as pictured above (as I do), then I strongly encourage you to check into the current crop that Cole's Distributing (CDIsales) has on Gunbroker.

I bought my first CZ 75 a few years back from another vendor, and love it (it's my personal favorite and the last I would ever sell). My son also does, so since he's coming of an age to start getting his own, I thought to pre-emptively get him one, before he ran off with mine

I did a thread on the one I got him, I am thoroughly impressed with it. For right at $300, we got one made in '89, with some finish wear. All numbers match, barrel is sharp, gun has Czechoslovakia marked on it. It came in filthy, but a can of brake cleaner fixed that.
The beauty of the Cole's guns vs the other importers, they stamp their import mark on the left side of the barrel, not on the frame or slide. Until you break it down to clean it, you literally never know it's an import.
It shot fine, I still changed the recoil spring just for the heck of it. It now runs as well as you could ask of any gun, very accurate.

And the finish wear- like my son said, "character". And the CZ was made tough- the steel was parkerized before the final polycoat/enamel finish was applied, there is no actual harm to the steel, just some chipping of the paint in spots. One day, we're going to have both of ours stripped, polished and rust-blued, but for now they remain working beauties.
Scoobysnacker:

Thanks for the tip. I have been checking them out just now. If I were to get one, I think I'd leave it original. My CZ 82 has the same paint like finish, and while it's not the most esthetic, it is original, and I try to stay with the original look with these guns. I wonder if there is a cerakote finish which mimics the original baked enamel or whatever it is finish the Czechs use?

Thanks again...

Best Regards, Les