View Single Post

Old 08-12-2016, 01:32 PM

Liked 4,318 Times in 1,420 Posts

the area around Frankfurt really didn't get much snow and maybe there would be 3 inches or so of snow. I left the radio shop to go to the chow hall and get something to eat. I wasn't paying much attention and a car drove by and just drenched me in slush and water and I got really soaked. the car was passed me and out of reflex I gave the car the one finger salute. well the driver must have been looking in the rear view mirror as he stopped and backed up. the driver asked did I know who I gave the salute to and I said probably the person that just drenched me in slush and water. about that instant I happened to noticed the full birds on his shoulders and he noticed how drenched I really was. I had just given the bird to the base commander. he told me to get in the car and I figured I was probably going to jail so once I got in the car he asked me where my barracks was and drove me over there. he said he was sorry for the drenching but also said to watch out how you salute the next time.
The Following 33 Users Like Post: