View Single Post

Old 08-14-2016, 09:07 PM

Liked 36 Times in 1 Post
Default Large Quantity of Smith and Wesson Bullets found on Shipwreck

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I and am seeking information on a shipwreck we discovered that had a large quantity of Smith and Wesson Bullets aboard when it was lost. The wreck was found In the Dominican Republic. I am attaching several pictures to this email in the hopes that you can tell me more about the bullets which could lead to figuring out what ship this might have been. We worked under a permit from the Government so we were totally legal and everything found was turned in to the Historical branch of the government.

The wreck was obviously a wooden wreck held together with bronze spikes. We found several thousand bullets in the remains of their boxes, one bronze sword handle, several grinding stones, and some bottles. We recovered these objects to attempt identification, then left the wreck undisturbed.

Any info you anyone might be able to provide me with or contact information on others who might help would be greatly appreciated. I have many other pictures if needed as well.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg writing (2) (Copy).jpg (139.1 KB, 1334 views)
File Type: jpg Writing (Copy).jpg (113.8 KB, 1241 views)
File Type: jpg UW Case of Bullets (Copy).jpg (114.6 KB, 1157 views)
File Type: jpg UW Bullets (Copy).jpg (121.6 KB, 1109 views)
The Following 36 Users Like Post: