View Single Post

Old 08-22-2016, 12:14 AM

Liked 18,681 Times in 7,393 Posts

I bought just a little under two pounds of it really cheaply - for $20 IIRC. I've loaded a few rounds of 357, but haven't got a chance to shoot them yet. I plan on loading some 44 mags with it too now that I have some 240gr hard cast lead to load.

Everything I've read - in this thread and others - says load it above the middle of the range and use a magnum primer. So, that's what I'm doing. Everything I've read says that downloading or using regular primers you're more likely to end up with quite a bit of unburned powder grains.

The other consistent comment about it is that it is very accurate and that it has a very mild recoil - more of a hard shove rather than a sharp snap or slap. I think the two things are related. Seems to me that sharp snappy recoil is more likely to allow the barrel to start to rise before the bullet has exited. With the milder push type of recoil it seems it would be easier to stay on target until after the bullet has cleared the end of the barrel.

Anywho, that's everything I've read and my thoughts on why it is so accurate. As with all things reloading, YMMV...
The Following User Likes This Post: