Thread: My Baby AR
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2016, 09:43 AM

Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisgah View Post
Now, why do I feel sorry for youngsters and their M&P-22's? Well, first of all, even if you were to factor in inflation, if all three of these were still available today I doubt buying all three of them at once would set you back as much as the one S&W. Second, I can honestly say I do not recall a single instance when ANY of these rifles has failed to feed, fire and eject with ANY ammo I have put through them. Third, again with ANY ammo, every single one of them is minute-of-squirrel-head accurate at 25 yards, and that is no exaggeration.
.22LR rifles can be had for much cheaper than the M&P15-22. The Ruger 10/22 is a great example. You can find those under $200. With the M&P15-22 you pay for the furniture and the "cool" factor.

I don't fault the gun for being unreliable if it's filthy like mine was when we shot it. If it's unreliable when clean, which it hasn't been outside of the first 2, improperly loaded magazines, then I would be upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostMutt View Post
As much as I am sure we all enjoyed reading that little slice of times gone by, times have changed.
The majority of folks on here, have little to no issues with their 15-22's (the latest batch being the exception) I for one am perfectly happy with my 15-22.

I think it is an excellent rifle and i can put 10 shots in a 1cm group from 25 yards just resting off my elbows and can get to less than an inch group off hand.

Out of all the semi-autos i have tried, i would not trade my 15-22 for any of them.
What are the latest issues with the current batch? The improperly aligned ejector?