View Single Post

Old 08-25-2016, 12:01 AM

Liked 7,023 Times in 2,384 Posts

I lucked into a very nice reblued Brazilian model last year. The beauty of getting one that has already been "molested" is that now the door is open to you to basically do whatever you want without feeling any guilt about messing up something with collectible value. For example as much as I like the 5.5" barrel I'd prefer it to be 4" and while were at it lets put a nice ramp front sight and have it registered to be on target. The door is open and now I have a great little pistol that a breeze to carry and a pleasure to shoot, they are great shooters by the way. If your a reloader you can mess around with bullet weights and powder charges to get the right round that does what you want from plinking to defense. I think you'll have a good time with your new pistol, take it out and shoot it.
Most of the commercials I've seen were finished to a more polished sheen, if it had alot of surface wear before being refinished that could explain why they went with a dull military style finish. Are all the roll marks easily seen?
The Following 2 Users Like Post: