Thread: B.A.D. Lever
View Single Post

Old 08-29-2016, 09:42 AM

Liked 689 Times in 417 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve912 View Post
True...but when would taking hand off grip matter, when you're trying to lock bolt open? I'm not seeing that situation.
This is how it helps me tremendously. If you are locking the bolt back with your left hand pulling the charging handle, with a BAD style lever you can lock the bolt with your right hand while keeping your hand on the pistol grip. There is no need to reposition the right hand to hold the rifle while simultaneously trying to reach around with a finger to push the bolt catch on the other side. I also like the control of being able to release the bolt whenever I want while still maintaining both my front grip and trigger grip.

OP, also look at the Phase 5 Tactical lever. It doesn't attach to the stock bolt catch like the Magpul, it actually replaces the old bolt catch with an integrated piece that does both. Way more stout and sturdier than the Magpul. The downside? It's a little bulkier. I have both and love the Phase 5 so much better. I now use the Phase 5 in all my new builds.