View Single Post

Old 09-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod34 View Post
A very good friend of mine wears a Rolex.......even though I make ~2.5times his pay, I wear a Timex Ironman. Every time we go out for a beer, I'll ask him what time it is. When he gives me the time, I'll say, hmmm, same time on my watch
You DO NOT buy a Rolex just to see the time! For that job you could save your money and buy an Apple Watch!
You buy a Rolex partly as an investment. Partly to own one of the finest craftsmanship that you can buy, it's a legacy you are buying into! You people doesn't get it!
Same thing with a Korth or a Manurhin. Those revolvers where made esp. for the 'upper class'.
Sure, they get the 'job done', but just look at the finish! Look at the detail that went into these beautiful pieces! They may or may not be better in accuracy, who am I to question those parameters? Esp. if you look at the revolvers. When it comes to watches all I know is that my Apple Watch is dead on time.
Weather my Smith & Wesson or my Korth is shooting the better, I can't say. I'm not that good at shooting them. But I do appreciate the build quality of both my Korth and my Rolex (that I'm almost afraid to wear, there are bad guys out there)!